Saturday, April 18, 2009

Plant a garden...



Well, if I can do it you can. I have wanted to have my own garden since I have owned a home, but I never made time to do so. This spring, I went to a lovely place called an Eastridge Garden and I was inspired.

My husband Chris and my son Aiden each did their part to help my garden come true. Chris was a human tiller, and Aiden helped me shake packs of seeds. Here's what's in my garden...
  • Broccoli
  • Romaine Lettuce
  • Bell Peppers: red, orange, and yellow
  • Asparagus
  • Cherry Tomatoes
  • Green Beans
  • Sweet Peas
  • Lima Beans
  • Cilantro
  • Parsley
  • Rosemary
  • Strawberries
  • A fig tree
  • A blueberry bush
  • A raspberry bush
  • And coming in a few weeks when the weather is warmer... summer squash, basil, and tomatoes!
This may seem like it's a lot, but really, it was unbelievably easy and therapeutic. I cannot wait to eat food that I have grown. My romaine lettuce has already tripled in size.

If you need help getting started, just let me know, or go to an Eastridge Garden. Don't put it off, get out and enjoy this beautiful weather and grow your own!

Namaste,
Dr. M

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Your garden sounds wonderful...An Eastridge Garden is a fantastic place...I go there all the time. I love your blogg. I had no idea you existed but a link to your website was posted on kentislandonline.com I love the idea of you shopping with someone to teach them how to read labels...
Barb in Centreville :)

Dr. Kristin Mowry, PT, DPT, CNC, CHHC said...

Thanks Barb!

I had no idea I was posted on there, but I am so glad someone is spreading the word about my blog and website!

Be sure to check back each week for new info.

Warmest regards,
Dr. M

Unknown said...

She posted about you the other day...asking if anyone had heard of you...and someone posted that their wife comes to you and they are really happy :)...I will come back each week and read...I still need to read everything that is here. Have a wonderful week!
Barb in Centreville :)

Dr. M said...

I am so happy to hear that the community is gaining knowledge of my blog and website. I do it not just for patients, but for folks everywhere that just want to start improving their health.

Just as an FYI and maybe you can post this to the site you found me on, I have a free Spring Health Festival that will be taking place at my office (711 Main Street, Stevensville, MD). It is a free day from 10am-2pm of things related to health and wellness. I will present at 10am to give the community an idea of what I am about and how they can improve their health and wellness. My talk is comprehensive- I talk about all fun things... hormones, sleep, hunger, thirst, sex, and poop. I like people to understand how their bodies work and why/how strange symptoms happen.

I hope to see you there, bring your friends!

Thanks for spreading the word!
Dr. M